HCC July Classical (G/75; +5)
Saturday, July 22, 2023
Round 1: 10:30AM
Round 2: 1:30PM
Round 3: 4:30PM
Play More Chess Academy
Home of the Hamden Chess Club
1227 Whitney Ave., Hamden, CT 06517
Participants must complete online by the registration deadline listed below. Link to register is at the bottom of this page.
Participants must be current members of the US Chess Federation. Join or Renew your US Chess membership here.
All K-12 Participants Must be Rated 700 or Above to Play
G/75,+5 Each player receives 75 minutes plus a 5 second increment to complete each game.
100 Point Rule: Players may only play up if their rating is within 100 points of the section limit. Example a 1700 may play in the top section but not a 1699.
Can't make it to all the rounds? You may take an optional half point bye in any round. 1/2 point byes must be requested by end of registration. Byes allow a player to skip a round they can not otherwise attend.
$500 b/24 entries
Top Section: 1st Place $100, 2nd Place $50; Top U2000 not otherwise placing, $30
U1800 Section:1st Place $80, 2nd Place $50, Top U1600, not otherwise placing $30
U1400 Section: 1st Place $80, 2nd Place $50, Top U1200, not otherwise placing $30
Players tied within a section share prizes equally.
ENTRY FEE (Discounts for Early Registration):
Early Entry Fee (by 11:59PM Thursday prior):
HCC Club Members: $35; Free Early Entry for HCC member rated 2000+ ($35 Deducted from Prize)!
Regular Entry Fee (by 8:30AM Saturday - Day of Tournament):
HCC Club Members: $45
Register Online for this tournament at: https://caissachess.net/online-registration/index/2713
NO on-site registration.
Join the HCC and Save - discounts on OTB tournaments, free weekly online tournaments with prizes, free casual play evenings each week!
Join HCC today at PlayMoreChess.com!
8:30AM Sat, Jul 22, 2023
- Limited to the first 36 entries. No exceptions.
- K-12 participants must be rated 700+. Scholastic players should also see our Monthly Scholastic Tournaments offered on Saturdays, which are open to all students (K-12) of all rating levels.
- US Chess rules apply - published monthly rating supplement used
- Two optional half-point byes available, request at registration.
- Weighted tournament sets, digital clocks provided for all sections.
- Players may only play up if within 100 points of next section cutoff.
- All players must be current members of US Chess (go to USCHESS.org to join or renew your USCF membership/membership ID number)
- A small section may be combined to avoid players playing each other twice in a small section. Accelerated pairings may be used at the director's discretion.
- No spectators. There is a picnic table and limited outdoor seating available. A list of area establishments (nearby food, book stores, coffee shops, etc) is available on the Play More Chess Academy web page in the About section.
- If you cannot make it to the tournament, and have to withdraw, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. A request for a refund may be made no later than Thursday, 11:59PM (Thursday prior to tournament). Refunds for this tournament must be requested by email and are subject to a $15 cancellation fee.
- For contact during the event please email: email@example.com as club phone will be silenced during tournament.
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION:
Free parking is available on behind the Academy, including free street parking on Putnam/Lake Drive that goes behind the Academy and adjacent Books and Co. CT Transit Bus stop is adjacent to Academy at intersection of Putnam/Whitney Ave.