HCC June Joust (4SS; G/30,d5)
DATE & TIME:
Saturday, June 24, 2023
1:00PM (Round 1 at 1:00PM; subsequent rounds ASAP; End time approximately 5:45PM.
FORMAT AND ELIGIBILITY:
- The HCC will conduct a US Chess rated tournament open to adults (ages 13+) of all levels. Any players under 13 must have have USCF rating 800+ to be eligible to play in this tournament. Swiss System format has no eliminations - each player can play in all rounds and is paired in each round with someone in their section who in the same score group as much as possible (i.e same number of points from wins and draws).
- Players must register in advance
- 4 USCF rated games
- Up to one half-point bye is available for any round player cannnot attend. Request at registration or no later than end of registration (Saturday, day of tournament, 11:00AM).
- Tournament is limited to the first 36 players who register
- Entries are first registered, first served
- Playing up - a player is allowed to play up a maximum of 100 points (i.e. a player whose rating is 1400-1499 may choose to sign up for either section)
- Under 13 who have a USCF rating of 800+ are eligible to participate. Scholastic players should also see our monthly Scholastic Tournaments which are open to all students (K-12) of all rating levels.
Play More Chess Academy
Home of the Hamden Chess Club
1227 Whitney Ave., Hamden, CT 06517
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION:
Free parking is available on behind the Academy, including free street parking on Putnam/Lake Drive that goes behind the Academy and adjacent Books and Co. Connecticut Transit Bus stop is adjacent to Academy at intersection of Putnam/Whitney Ave.
$270 (based on 20 entries):
OPEN: $100 1st; $50 2nd;
U1500: $80 1st, $40 2nd
In the event of tie in a section after four rounds of play the cash prize will be split evenly between the tied players.
G/30, d5 (Each player receives 30 minutes, plus a 5 second delay each move, to complete each game).
Early entry - $35 (by 11:59PM Thursday prior); Early entry (HCC Member) - $25; Free early entry for HCC member rated 2000+ (entry fee deducted from prize)
Regular entry - $40 (by 11:00AM day of tournament); Regular entry (HCC Member) - $30
REGISTRATION AND CURRENT ENTRIES:
11:00AM day of tournament
Join the HCC and Save - discounts on OTB tournaments, free weekly online tournaments with prizes, free casual play evenings each week!
Adults only $100/year; Scholastic (K-12) and Senior Citizens (65+) only $80/year! Join HCC today at PlayMoreChess.com!
- All players must be current members of US Chess (go to USCHESS.org to join or renew your USCF membership/membership ID number)
- Must register for each of our tournaments in advance - first registered, first served (space is limited). No on-site registration.
- Check PlayMoreChess.com to confirm dates for all HCC tournaments. Any changes due to snow or inclement weather will also be posted on the web site and emailed to registrants
- For more events including online tournament options for HCC club members, please visit PlayMoreChess.com
- If you cannot make it to the tournament, and have to withdraw, email: email@example.com. A request for a refund may be made no later than Thursday, 11:59PM (Thursday prior to tournament). Refunds for this tournament must be requested by email and are subject to a $15 cancellation fee.
- For contact during the event please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not try to call PMCA during tournament as office phone ringer is likely silenced.
Photo Release: By registering for this event, you give permission for images taken during the event of participant (yourself, or child) to be used soley for promotion of chess education and program activities of Play More Chess Academy and the Hamden Chess Club, and waive any rights of compensation or ownership thereto.