Hamden Chess Club - December Scholastic Quads (3RR; USCF rated; Grades K-12)
12/18/2021 - 12/18/2021
Event: Hamden Chess Club - December Scholastic Quads (USCF-rated; Grades K-12)
Location: Play More Chess Academy, 1227 Whitney Ave., Hamden, CT 06517
Date: Saturday, December 18, 2021 (Note: This is a new date, chosen so as not to conflict with the recently announced 2021 CT State Championship on 12/4/21. See chessct.org for more info about that event).
Check-in time: 9:15am
Start Time: 9:30am (tournament is expected to go until approximately 12:30pm)
- 3 Rounds of USCF rated chess in Round-Robin Quad format.
- Scholastic tournament for kids (K-12). Quads will be organized by USCF ratings. Players will compete against others who have similar ratings.
- USCF Regular and Quick rated. Time Control: G25, d5 (Each player has 25 minutes to make their moves in a game; each turn there is a 5 second delay before clock resumes counting down).
- PRIZES: Trophy for winner of each Quad; chess medals for all other players in quad. Depending on the exact number of registrations, the bottom section may have five, six or seven players, in which case that section will be paired as a Swiss tournament and will have trophies for both 1st and 2nd place.
- Chess sets and clocks will be provided.
- Masks are required.
- No spectators will be allowed while tournament games are being played. Parents and others are welcome to hang out at bookstore/coffee shop next door. Standings will be posted between rounds.
- Any cell phones must be turned off.. Electronic notation devices will not be allowed for this tournament. Grade four and above should expect to notate their games
- No byes available since this a three-round quad tournament. Participants should plan to play in all three rounds.
- Questions, please email: email@example.com