Tournament Location: Wayne County Community College District NW Campus, 8200 W Outer Drive, Detroit, MI, 48219
Round Times: 9:00am; 10:45am; 1:00pm; 2:45pm
Game Time: G/45;d0
Awards Ceremony at 4:30pm
Prizes: Top 5 per section trophies
- Early Bird Registration is $25.00
- USCF Membership must be current or players will recieve 0 point byes until the USCF membership is paid and confirmed.
- After 7:00pm Est, Friday, December 16th, the registration fee will increase to $35.
- In person registration must be done by 8:15am on Saturday, December 17th, players registering after 8:15am will receive a 1/2pt bye for the first round.
- Players meeting will begin promptly at 8:35am
- Sections may be combined pending final registration count.
- Please be advised that players will only be able to register to play in sections one level above their ratings. (For example: USCF rating is 875, player would register for U900 or U1100)
- Detroit Thinkers Chess Challenge welcomes all chess players.
Detroit Thinkers Chess Challenge encourages players to wear masks for the tournmanets.
DCCC reserves the right to alter this notification as needed, dependent upon public health conditions, as well as the most recent regulatory or guidance updates from federal, state, and local health authorities.
For general questions regarding the tournament, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org