The June Jolt Scholastic (USCF; Grades K-12)
06/18/2022 - 06/18/2022
Tournament: The June Jolt Scholastic (USCF; Grades K-12)
Date & Time: Saturday, June 18, 2022
Round 1 begins at 1:00PM All subsequent rounds a.s.a.p
Location: Play More Chess Academy, 1227 Whitney Ave., Hamden, CT 06517
Rounds/Time Control: 4 Rounds SS, G/25,d5 (USCF-dual rated). Tournament expected to finish approximately 5:00pm
Byes: Up to one 1/2 point bye permitted for a round which you can not attend. Must be requested by emailing email@example.com prior to the end of registration (11:00am Saturday, day of tournament). There are no changes to byes permitted at the tournament.
Sections: Three sections: Primary (K-3); Elementary (K-6); Open (K-12). Players must sign up for a section that includes their grade in school (i.e. it is possible to play up, but not down to a section that does not include player's grade). To play up into Open section a K-6th grader must have a rating of 1000 or more. A small section may be combined with another section for pairing purposes. If that is the case, prizes will still be distributed according to the section in which each player registered.
Prizes: Nine Trophies (Trophies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places in each section and chess medals for all other players. Note: Prizes based on final placement on USCF tie breaks. (i.e. if after all rounds top players in a section have earned the same total number of points, the place winners will be determined based on USCF tie-break methods).
Entry Fee: $25-40. Discounts for early entry and Hamden Chess Club members. Early entry discounted fee deadline: Thursday, Midnight; Regular entry deadline: Saturday, June 18, 11:00 AM.
Refunds/Cancellation Policy: If you cannot play in this event, you may withdraw by email to info@PlayMoreChess.com no later than 11:59 PM on June 16. Refunds must be requested by email. No withdrawals or refund requests by telephone. There are no refunds for No-Shows. Refunds are subject to a $15 cancellation fee to cover administrative and credit card processing charges.
- Current USCF membership required prior to registering for tournament ($20 per one year Scholastic membership at uschess.org).
- Chess sets and clocks will be provided. No need to bring anything.
- No spectators will be allowed while tournament games are being played. Standings will be posted between rounds and available at https://caissachess.net/live/1557. Parents and others may wish to visit and support local organizations such as the adjacent bookstore/coffee shop and restaurants.
- Any cell phones must be turned off. Electronic notation devices will not be allowed for this tournament.
- Questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org