The Baltimore Scholastic Quads (In Person)
Hyatt Place BWI Hotel
940 International Drive, Linthicum, Maryland 21090
3 Rounds of Rated Chess
Saturday, May 21st at 9:30 am
- Location: Hyatt Place BWI Hotel on 940 International Drive, Linthicum, Maryland 21090
- 3 round Round-Robin tournament.
- USCF regular and quick rated. Time control: Game in 25 minutes with a 5-second delay.
- Saturday, May 21st, 9:30 am to approximately 12:30 pm.
- Entry fee: $30 on or before Tuesday 5/17, $35 on or before Friday 5/20, $40 on Saturday 5/21 (on-site registration is allowed, registration for round one closes at 9:15 am on Saturday).
- PRIZES: Trophies to the winner of each four-person quad!
- We will have enough chess sets for all players. If you would like to use a clock, please bring one.
- Masks are required.
- For questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 703-609-0499.
NOTE: Please try to keep noise in the hotel lobby to a minimum. Parents, please make sure your kids are not running or shouting. Thank you!
A quad is a four-person round robin section in which all participants play each other once (three rounds). Our quads are open to all scholastic players in grades K-12, and each quad will be divided based on rating rather than grade. The advantage of quads is that players get the chance to compete against opponents with close USCF ratings. The tournament director has discretion when determining quad seeding (for example, the TD may use a player's unpublished rating). Depending on the exact number of registrations, the bottom section may have five, six, or seven players, in which case that section will be paired as a Swiss tournament.
Tysons Corner Tournaments
We will still be running our weekly Tysons Corner tournaments on Sundays:
DMV Chess runs online summer camps, weekly online courses, and weekly USCF online tournaments: